Making Money Online $$$


Should I Quit My Day Job Yet? 


Let me give you a little back story on my dream to work from home. I have been on a mission to create a side gig that will eventually allow me to leave my full-time job as an educator. I have been teaching for the last 19 years and while I love working with students, I do feel that I need a change.  I want to be able to work from home and move away from the daily grind so that I can be with my parents whenever they need me, still be able to help support my family, and have the freedom that I crave. That is my why and I am working tirelessly for change so that I can accomplish my dream. 

My first attempt at working from home started about two years ago as I began selling It Works products, that I really do love. I have made an income from my phone each month, which has been great. I love to introduce people to our awesome coffee, neck cream, and more and I will continue to spread the word, but I know that it isn't my calling to do this for the rest of my life. So, knowing this, I started venturing out into other areas of online work at the end of last school year. 

When COVID hit and we had to move to online teaching in March of 2020, I used a digital tool in my online sessions called boom learning. Boom learning allowed my struggling learners the opportunity to interact with their devices in a way that was meaningful to them and they received feedback right away and I was able to receive feedback too. I knew this was a site that I was going to use and love for years to come. Eventually, I started creating my own boom cards at the end of May, 2021.  Boom cards are digital task cards that are super engaging for all learners from pre-k to high school.

I have literally created at least 70 boom decks and a total of at least 50 short stories with comprehension questions. There is no denying that I have definitely put in the time. In the past month and a half, however, I have only created one boom deck, as I have been focusing on creating journals, workbooks, and more on Amazon.

Are you ready to see my earnings from Boom Learning in FOUR MONTHS?  See below:


Yep, you see it! A whopping $147.33 in four months.  I show you this to help you understand the amount of effort and hard work it takes and how much return you may receive. It isn't a get rich quick plan.

I will keep you updated on how my boom store does in the next several months but I will tell you that I will not be focused on making a lot of decks in the coming weeks or months. I have made one deck this month and do not plan on making more at the moment.



AMAZON KDP

Moving on to my low content to medium content publishing on Amazon KDP - How is it going for me?

I have published 125 journals, workbooks, ebooks, etc... since starting this journey of publishing work in May of 2021. This is literally not many books compared to other people that I have seen selling on this platform.  As a teacher, my job can be hectic and time consuming so I will be cranking out books at a slower pace now that school has started. I am definitely going to have to be the tortoise in this race. 

However, I am determined to make this work. Here is what I have earned thus far from my Amazon sales:

June 2021: $21.17

July 2021: $52.60

August 2021: $217.92

Ok, you might be thinking, "Wow, you are making gains." And, it sure looks like I am. BUT... I have spent at least $250 on advertising. So, yeah, I am literally either breaking even or losing. Let me be perfectly honest, after publishing costs and fees, the amount I earn is close to nothing for each sale.

Feeling bad for me yet? Don't worry. I knew this was going to be a journey. You know the saying, "Anything worth having doesn't come easy?" Well, I am living through the hard times right now. I am struggling, I am spending countless hours working, trying to put up ads, and then sharing my work on all platforms that I am a part of hoping that other people will share my work. And, even like that, I feel as if the starting gun has just gone off on the mile run and I am barely rounding the first corner. We shall see if I ever reach the finish line but like I told my husband, "I will either achieve my dream of working from home and having the freedom I desire, or  I will die trying." It will not be for a lack of effort on my part that is for sure, if I do not make it. 

What Have I Learned So Far?

  • Are you considering delving into selling low-content or any types of books on Amazon KDP? If so, know that this does not come easy. It will likely take years for you to really make significant income, at least from what I have seen in all my research. 
  • I see a lot of people creating youtube videos and so this is another thing that I have learned; Starting a youtube channel might help in boosting your name and author page. 
  • You have to do your research. It doesn't matter what you create, if there is no market or if the market is flooded, it will not sell. 
  • You have to learn about keywords and how to utilize them to help you move your book up the Amazon pipeline. 
  • You have to create quality over quantity. 
  • You must keep learning and growing and follow people that are making it so that maybe someday you too can make it.

I will continue plugging away, working hard, and praying that some day, people will see my work, like it, and my creations will take off. 

Remember, there is plenty in the world for all of us. Put in the work, don't quit, and ask for help along the way. 

And, if you are curious about my creations, check out my AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE. :)


As always, I am here to help in any way that I can. Much love, my peeps!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing Dreams at Any Age

Boom Cards! Hop on the Boomlearning Express

Teachers are Tired but Hopeful